- Be enrolled as a full-time student in an undergraduate or combined undergraduate/Master’s degree granting program at an accredited and eligible university. Official partner countries and regions are Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Mexico, Tunisia, United Kingdom and Ukraine.
- Be in the 2nd (second) to last year of an undergraduate program, or combined undergraduate/ Master’s program to apply.
- You must have a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 semesters of undergraduate coursework remaining after you participate in your internship in order to be eligible. For example, if you are successful in receiving an internship, you will need to complete at least one more semester of undergraduate or joint undergraduate/ Master’s coursework and have no more than three semesters remaining.
- Students will come to Canada during the period of May to October in 2020.
- Meet the following minimum grade requirements (or equivalent) for your country or region of study:
|Germany||2.9/6 or lower|
|Hong Kong SAR||3.3 (as of Semester 2, 2018/19)|
|Mexico||80% or equivalent|
|United Kingdom||65% equivalent to a high 2:1|
- Provide an official transcript from your home university. Note that if your transcript is not in English or French, you must submit a translated and notarized copy before the application deadline.
- Applicants must be available to complete a 12-consecutive week internship (arrival dates must be between May 1st and July 31st).
- Must be fluent in the oral and written language of the project (English and/or French).
- Must complete your application by September 18, 2019 at 1:00 PM Pacific Time.
- Possess a passport from your home country that is valid at least until January 2021.
- Please note: you do not need a valid passport to apply. However, if your application is successful, you will be required to supply a copy of your passport, valid until at least January 2021, by no later than December 31, 2019.
- Provide at least one letter of reference from an academic research professor or supervisor. Guidelines for letters of reference can be found here
- Provide a CV that details your research experience.
- Consent to the 2020 Globalink Research Internship Terms and Conditions.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Apply to a minimum of 3, maximum of 7 projects in the Globalink Research Internship project tab of the application and ensure your selections are from at least 3 different Canadian provinces.
Liaison Officer – Outbound Students
Office of International Relations
2nd floor, IC&SR Building
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Chennai – 600036
Ph no: 044 22574928